Around the world, financial professionals, academics and activists are coming to the same conclusion — the financial system needs to evolve. Whether it’s COVID-19, climate change, racial injustice or democracy itself, the events of the past few years offer convincing proof that it’s time for a systemic change in how we approach business and investment decisions. That leaves an important question — what does changing the financial system look like in practice?
We believe systems change requires a systems approach. For investors — both asset managers and asset owners — this means taking concrete steps to rethink how investment decisions are made and how investment vehicles are structured. It also means exploring a number of key issues and questions – for instance:
- Modern portfolio theory’s limitations for system-level investing
- What are the key elements of system-level investing?
- How can we design investment structures that are equitable and built for the long term?
- How will investors know when they are taking a system-level approach to investing?
Acknowledging the complexity inherent in various recommendations, this webinar is designed to offer context, tools, and approaches aimed at helping investors take difficult but important steps towards systems change. Fortunately, we have put together some of the leading thinkers on system-level investing, all in one place, all working together to explore how to refocus the financial system.
Moderated by Emilie Goodall who leads the Financial System Transformation Benchmark at the World Benchmarking Alliance, speakers will include:
- Jon Lukomnik and Jim Hawley, authors of Moving Beyond Modern Portfolio Theory: Investing that Matters
- William Burckart, The Investment Integration Project (TIIP), co-author of 21st Century Investing: Redirecting Financial Strategies to Drive Systems Change
- Mirtha Kastrapeli, Beyond Alpha, co-author of “We Need to Talk: Why It’s Time for Institutional Investors to Embrace SDG-Aligned Investing”
- Delilah Rothenberg, Predistribution Initiative (PDI), co-author of “ESG 2.0: Investor Risks Beyond the Enterprise Level”
Dates, Times & Registration:
We will host two webinars featuring the same content to accommodate various time zones globally. Each webinar will be 90 minutes and set up as meetings to allow for interaction between the speakers and audience, including a happy hour at the end. We hope you can join us!
Register for June 8th at 5pm CET / 11am EST
Register for June 29th at 3pm PT / morning of June 24th for Asia and Australia
- Watch the recording of the event here.