New Platform Speeds Industry Adoption of System-level Investing
TIIP has launched the Systems Aware Investing Launchpad (SAIL), an all-encompassing investment information platform for investors seeking to better manage systemic social and environmental risks.
SAIL, which grew out of a comprehensive industry needs assessment conducted by TIIP in 2021, consists of two unique components—a plug-and-play solution investors can use to chart their course to become a system-level investor, and a community of practice aimed at driving broader industry transformation.
The SAIL platform is a subscription-based service that provides users with the tools and support needed for developing a system-level investing strategy, an advanced form of sustainable and impact investing. The platform is currently in beta phase, with test users accessing the platform through industry associations and enterprise partnerships that have signed on to the project pilot.
Key features of the SAIL platform include:
- Launchpad: The Launchpad is a first-of-its-kind, web-based, plug-and-play solution that guides investors in developing system-level investing approaches. It provides a framework to decide which systemic issues to focus on and which tactics and strategies to deploy. Launchpad outlines a 6-step process for investors to engage in system-level investing and integrate system-level investing into conventional activities like RFPs, Statements of Investment Beliefs, targeted investment programs, shareholder engagement activities, and manager due diligence. SAIL also guides investors on how to leverage advanced techniques specifically designed to achieve influence at a system-level.
- Community of Practice (CoPractice): The Community of Practice (CoPractice) provides *the* clearinghouse of information and support related to system-level investing. The CoPractice also provides a forum for connecting investors with their peers to exchange ideas, lessons learned and raise issues and questions via a dedicated Slack Community, Learning Labs and regular events and convenings.
Access to the beta test is available through industry associations or enterprise partnerships. To learn more, please contact TIIP at [email protected].
TIIP’s Steve Lydenberg in Bloomberg Markets
Steve Lydenberg spoke to Bloomberg Markets about the Russian invasion of Ukraine and the history of ESG funds and Russian markets. He speaks to the need for nuance when considering the global reach and impact of ESG funds.
Register with Discount for Total Impact Summit
Is your capital aligned with your values? Our local, national, and global economies face significant challenges and opportunities – from public health to racial equity, disruptive technology to climate action. Join TIIP’s Managing Director Monique Aiken, and other investors, financial advisors, philanthropists, and impact-aligned practitioners for the Total Impact Summit – May 16 -17 in Philadelphia – to learn, connect with peers, and take action for investing our money for the future we want to create. Learn more & register at www.impactphl.org/ti22. Use promo code “TIIP” to save an additional $300 OFF standard registration.
News from the TIIP Community
Check out what’s been going on lately with members of the TIIP community:
- Michal Bartek, Senior Lead for Listed Equities at the UN’s Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), interviewed Steve Lydenberg for the PRI Podcast.
- Managing Director Monique Aiken release her first piece for the Fast Company Executive Board about her commitments to justice in 2022.
- Renaye Manley, a TIIP Advisory Council member, co-wrote a piece for Fortune on an Apple stakeholder proposal to undertake a civil rights audit.
- TIIP collaborator Keith Johnson co-wrote an article about the intersection of ESG, systemic risks and impact investing